During the first week of November, the library will be taking donations for PACH Outreach in lieu of overdue fines! You can donate personal care products and non-perishable food items at the library and we will waive overdue fines on your library account. Please note that this offer does not apply to replacement charges for lost items.
The Food for Fines event will run from November 6, 2018 – November 10, 2018. Contributions must be made at the library in order for fines to be waived.
Suggested food donations include:
- Canned meats, including tuna, salmon, ham, and chicken
- Healthy cereals
- Peanut butter and/or jelly
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Pasta, pasta sauce, and macaroni & cheese
- Baked beans, soups, chili, and canned stews
- Canned ravioli, canned soups
- Juice and juice boxes (preferably 100% fruit juice)
- Milk (shelf-ready, non-perishable)
- Children’s snacks
- Cake and brownie mixes
- Gluten-free, sugar-free, low-sodium, and vegetarian items for clients with special dietary needs
Personal care items:
- Diapers (especially larger sizes)
- Depends & adult diapers or protective panties (especially larger sizes)
- Shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and toiletries
- Toilet paper, paper towels, tissues
Please check expiration dates! We cannot accept any items that are past their expiration dates. Items for holiday dinners would be appreciated.
PACH (Pepperell Aid from Church to Home) is a volunteer-staffed, community-based non-profit organization that provides short-term assistance to Pepperell residents during difficult times. The library accepts donations year-round at our monthly music series as well as in a bin that’s located near the circulation desk.